Its all about me!

Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
nOt tHe beSt i aM bUT wE aRE LeGEnD!

Monday, April 27, 2009

ゆめの悲し~~

After performing for 2 weekends straight at Moonriver Cafe, i think i realised what is "wrong" with me. It seems that, according to my partner (hey...cursed aka mike teh, i'm talking about you!) , i'm performing along with my age.

What does it mean? Well, simply that i'm singing too many old songs. Songs that i grew up with. Am i too slow to pick my own song selections? What the hell! I just can't sing the new ones!! i don't know..There's patrons who really told me right in my face that they like my voice and they said i had a good voice. And that was after i flunked my first public attempt of Mayangsari/Amy Search's TIADA LAGI. Talk about motivations. Hehehe~~

I've been watching a lot of Hikki (thats Utada Hikaru, to you!) and to be honest, i feel somehow demotivated. Wait...that didn't came out right. Sort of sad and excited. Sad because she is around my age and yet she is already more that 10 years in the business. While i'm still contemplating if i should plunge headfirst into this world. Excited because...just like Hikki's song "TIME WILL TELL". Yes, i believe someday, i WILL be what i wanted to be for so long.

Just like Hikki, i wanna perform original songs. Songs that are written for a specific time and event. Songs that has their own story to tell. Stories that i want people to know about. Words that are written by the same hand that is typing this BS. But doing covers is what Crescendo Music is all about. I can't complain much, can i? I guess i'm just too old to start dreaming. Am i? Am i in the wrong ship? Am i going the right way all this time? Only He will know....

sad,
JL

2 comments:

  1. Gambateh! u can do it, as Peggie said.. at least u have more songs to sing now, & u sing louder than b4 d.. now more LC, challenge chinese songs tim! wahaha! Geng la..
    Gambateh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee..thanks. i never really thot i'm singing louder than before or with more song choice now. wahahaha~~~i had to!!

    ReplyDelete